A new leaf

..I'm trying to get her to walk beside me on a loose lead. We're not doing all that well - my little trampolining chainsaw dragon is determined to hurl herself to the end of the lead from whence she can drag me to who knows where...I'm finding patience somehow but a twenty minute walk to the woods and back has taken an hour and we're not even there yet..Then suddenly, she's doing it - trotting alongside, glancing up at me and feeling less like a torpedo and a little like a...dog.. There's a mighty gust of wind, cold north westerly wind that tosses the sycamore leaves on the pavement and scatters them swirling about us...she can't resist and I don't make her..she catches one and proudly continues to trot for a moment with a mouthful of leaves then it's forgotten and we're back to half a mile an hour again...


      It's five am, quiet,very dark and raining gently. I'm blearily waiting for Meg to do the wee she's been announcing to the pre dawn world. As she shuffles about, looking for the perfect spot and messing around with stems and stones I look up and see a dog in the wet streetlight road heading towards us..he sees me, twists and dances, he is a big dog fox. He takes off like the wind along my road..nose to outstretched tail maybe four feet long and he's gone silently into the night.  She does her wee, we go inside and back to our beds..until morning I'm still watching him, over and over, dancing and slipping away, behind me is a very tall being watching over the three of us..


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A new beginning

A bird in the hand